It’s common knowledge that smartphone web traffic has surpassed traditional desktop traffic. In fact, the average number of smartphone vs. web traffic is edging up—60 percent smartphone vs. 40 percent desktop. However, this statistic alone does not paint the whole picture. Here are some insights and numbers on how users interact with websites on their smartphones:
- 40% of users will abandon a site that takes over three seconds to load
- 29% of smartphone users will immediately switch to another site if it’s too clumsy or slow to load
- 1 in 5 dissatisfied visitors will never return to a website where problems have occurred
- 1 in 3 users have purchased from a company or brand other than the one they were originally seeking due to information provided in the moment they needed it
- 51% of people have discovered a new company or product when searching on their smartphones
- Showing up in a mobile search ad result can increase brand awareness by 46%
By understanding current numbers about user interaction, brokerages can better understand the importance of optimizing their mobile websites and prioritize creating a positive mobile user experience.